Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Sunday, June 12, 2011

Snippets of Sunday - Gift from God

I took these photos last Sunday when she had a cold.
 Her throat was sore. Her lips were really dry. She had a stuffy nose.
She still smiles though.
That's just how she is. How she has always been.

She's all gorgeous, thick hair and dreamy eyes.
She has a heart as big as the sun and beyond.
She has the gift of empathy for others not often seen in a young child.
She loves people!
She hates to see people hurting.


She's says she'd like to be a nurse when she grows up.
She'd be a brilliant nurse!
She'd be brilliant at anything she put her mind to.

She always says 'Hello' to people.
Even grown ups.
If she knew you, she would wave and say 'Hi' to you, using your name.
I love that she's even friendly to grown ups.
Us grown ups like to be noticed too.


Look at those eyes.
When they fill with tears for whatever reason, my heart contorts into all sorts of painful shapes.
She holds your heart that way.
You can't help but give it to her.
She's ever so gentle with it.

She's my Angel.
 Our princess.
 A gift from God to be sure.
God knew exactly what He was doing when He made me her Mum.
I need her just as much as she needs me and sometimes, I need her more.

~ Ky x

5 comments:

Felicity said...

A gift to be treasured indeed.

Thank you for such a warm and wonderful start to my day Ky.

I hope that the sore throat and sniffles are disappearing and that sun shines for all of your family today.

xx Felicity

Unknown said...

What a beautiful little girl x

Anonymous said...

She really is precious. Such a beautiful blessing.

Bebie said...

Loving you all like crazy. XX

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Hi Ky - you certainly do have a gorgeous girl.

Sorry it's taken me a while to visit, I've been a bit manic. The swap seems to have been really popular, so hopefully if everyone enjoys it I'll do another one soon x

Related Posts with Thumbnails