Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Friday, August 6, 2010

Tropical Cyclone

Tropical cyclones hit our home regularly. I lived through one just this morning. They creep up and hit full force without much warning at all. The very strange thing about them though is that they mostly 'damage and destroy' the inside of the house. Now who has ever heard of a cyclone making it's mark on the inside of a house and not the outside? I have! Many, many times!

Yesterday the house was cleaned and tidied within an inch of it's life and this morning while I was making a school lunch and getting ready for the day, it hit! Ferociously! Like a bandit in the night! Smack! The mess was made! It not only happened this morning but later in the day too. What the...?

I just don't know what to do about the cyclone. The estimated cost of damage and clean up is huge. It's going to cost my sanity!

All tropical cyclones are given a human name.
This tropical cyclone's name is...TC Levi. It's not your usual type of cyclone either. It's incredibly charming. It's very, very cute. It has the unbelievable power to make you lose your temper. It is the most stubborn thing on the planet! It is loud! And what's more, it actually belongs to me!


Thankfully there is the eye of the storm (when I can catch my breathe) which is very, very still.

~ Ky x


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have TWO of those cyclones running around my house! and sometimes I find myself looking forward to back to school when my house actually stays clean for a few hours!

by marie-nicole said...

Oh he is sooo adorable... how can you get mad at him :-)

We have three cyclone's in our home... hubby included!!! He is very helpful around here so I can't complain really, but I will...

Monday's are BIG clean up day for me, as that is the day that I clean up after the destruction of Sunday's activities. While I work in my studio/workshop on a Sunday the rest of the house undergoes a make over, and not the kind that sits well with me. So on Monday's I bring order back into our home and maintain it until the next the Sunday when the storms hit again. At least it's consistent and predictable so I can plan for it.

Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend with your adorable family Ky.
x

Bebie said...

A very cute TC indeed!

After cleaning and tidying the house I'd blink and there it all was back again but I think mine were just willie-willies ... yours is definitely TC.

Insanity: atmospheric pressure inside the head caused by certain types of TCs.
love mum XX

Donna said...

Hi Ky, I have to say that you really had me going there for a minute. I was trying my best to grasp the idea of a cyclone that only affects the inside of the house. We usually call them tornados here in America, but they take out the whole house, not just the inside.

Thanks for dropping by. I know what you mean about attitudes and about children leaving things out. It takes a lot of consistency and training to get kids to pick up after themselves. I was pretty strict so even though they sometimes left things out, they always were willing to put them back. But they never learned to NOT leave things out, including now..as teenagers. We have regular 'group' pick up times. Before a movie, computer games, right after dinner, etc. We just do it several times a day. Everyone knows that is just part of life.

Training is the most important thing we can do for our kids. We do have to make it a priority though. They aren't going to just 'do' it. They have to be walked through the motions of picking up with you over and over again. It helps if they can do it 'with' Mommy rather than by themselves. It seems a lot more 'fun' that way, especially at your little guy's age. :o)

Hang in there!
Donna :o)

Donna said...

By the way, your little tornado is such a cutie!

Lilian said...

Hahaha...
Good one, Ky.

These days I make mine pick up after themselves or it's no tv or DVD.

Related Posts with Thumbnails