Monkey and I (yes, he's with me A LOT!), happened to drive past a Salvo's store that I hadn't visited before. It's amazing what you find when you go home a different way. It's not like I went home a way that I haven't been before in the hope of happening across an op shop that I haven't been to. I would never do anything like that *tongue firmly planted in cheek*. And yes, I'm well aware I am developing an addiction. Just add it to the list!
So, let's get on with it, shall we? I'm loving the wire, stack baskets that are now home to some of my shoes. It has cleaned up the bottom of my wardrobe and now it's all tidy and orderly.
Monkey spotted the scales. We've never owned a set of scales. They are Salter. It's a brand that I know is quality. I ummed and ahhed about them, but for $6 I thought they were worth getting.
This red suitcase is my favourite buy of the day. I've had my eye out for an old style suitcase for quite awhile now. I've come across a few, but they've either been in pretty bad shape or way more than I was willing to pay for them. This one was both in good shape and the right price. Six bucks ladies and gentlemen. Not bad for a special place to store all my sewing and crafting things. All those tins and wool and knitting needles and crochet hooks and patterns and fabric etc etc will be stored in here.
It obviously hasn't been used for a few years. It's been almost 9 years since Ansett went bust. I remember because a couple of my friends couldn't make it to our wedding as they had booked their flights with Ansett and couldn't afford to rebook with another airline...and that's the end of that story.
And I shall be off now. The Monkey won't settle for sleep, as usual. It's time for me to force him to go to sleep. By force, I mean get in bed with him so that he can't get out. Just hope I don't fall asleep before he does.
~ Ky x

6 comments:
You crack me up girl. Loved this post and especially the red suitcase with it's super cute tags and sticker!! Ah yes, I too recall the anniversary of ansett going bust... friends who never made it to our wedding either.
Talk soon
Love G.
I too love your blog - it's the first thing I go to when I log-on in the mornings. The suitcase reminds me of two we had very similar; light tan in colour but the ordinary suitcase style.
Great buys Ky!
Love,mumXX
LOVE the suitcase, what a great find!!! Well done.
You are in a great spot for op shops there.
Enjoy!
x
I LOVE the suitcase! What a bargain find! I do hope you will leave the stickers/tag on it as it makes it look just so great! Well done you little op shopper!
Ky, I so enjoy seeing the results of your shopping trips. I will have to post my bargains tomorrow. My daughter and I had such a great time picking things that we needed up from the thrift store.
I ADORE that red suitcase!! And I so love red. Great idea for storing your sewing. And you can take it all with you when you are on the road. Too cool!
Thanks for stopping by. I'll be praying for your homemaking efforts. You can do this!
So red!!! I have two suitcases at our house both brown unfortunately but one was hubbys shool port when he first started school, love that it has a story!
Post a Comment