Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Burst of Sunshine on a Dreary Day

I am feeling less than ordinary today. Feeling very far away from my family and closest friends. God always knows when you need a little joy, a little sunshine in your day.
I recieved a parcel in the mail today. Totally unexpected. I pulled this out of the bag. Beautiful wrapping paper. A double layer of wax type paper with pansies, primulas, petunias and leaves between the layers. They are out of Mum's garden and she made this paper herself! Just so pretty!


Inside was a pile of beautiful doilies. My darling Mum found a bunch of them stored in the attic and thought I would be able to put them to good use. I certainly will! I have enough doilies now to make the doily runner I posted about a while back. I have been buying some when I find what I like in op shops, but these ones are so pretty and will look great when I sew them together.
It will be a runner with some family history and more special to me because of that.

Thanks Mum for making my day a little brighter. I love you! xx

~ Ky x

ps. the flowers were fresh so they retain their colour.

4 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

That's lovely Ky, you have a very special Mum.

Sorry to hear you're feeling flat... it's hard being so far away from loved ones and special friends.

Enjoy the rest of your week and the adventure you are on that is adding to your family's story.
Nic
x

Taryn said...

so special of your Mum xx when we lived in Forster for 18 months I was lonely and miserable, so I completely get how you feel - my thoughts are with you and sending you a big hug! I find your posts so inspiring - I'm impressed with your sewing...I'm about to attempt a skirt...we'll see if I get it done this year or next!!! xxxx

Ky said...

Thank you gorgeous ladies! Your encouragement is so appreciated. Love you both and just know that you both inspire me too! xx

rockmelon said...

Does your mum want another daughter, tell her I'm free? So thoughtful, reminds me again how much the little things mean. You've both inspired me to send off a package tomorrow to some bodies who just may need a smile via snail mail. We're still settling in too, never easy. My 12 year old has lived in 7 houses and it makes me a little sad to think about all those moves... but i try to take it all as an adventure! Enough said, keep writing it is a great way to connect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails