Sunday morning saw the kids and I following our neighbours to a GREAT flea market. The Camberwell Rotary Markets. Wow! I have found my nirvana!
It's really big. Lots and lots of stalls of all sorts of things. Antiques, vintage, clothes, furniture. You name it, it was there.
Of course I didn't walk out of there empty handed. We walked out of there after nearly 3 hours of browsing and if we didn't have 4 kids between us to keep an eye on, we could easily have been there another 2 or 3 hours.
So, here are some of my finds.
A lovely, big, crystal vase ($10) sitting atop a cute '50's printed tablecloth($5).
Some teacups and saucers. The two smaller ones I bought for little girls to have their own 'tea' in. I also bought some cheap 'made in japan' teacups and saucer cos they were so pretty. I normally will only buy 'made in england' or any other european country, but I couldn't resist them at such a low price.
The collection is growing quite nicely.
And this gorgeous bag. The BEST bargain of the day!
I saw it in a box on the ground out of the corner of my eye as I was walking past. I stopped and picked it up. It's in perfect nick and is very good quality. I peeked inside to check out the condition and saw the name tag sewn inside. It says 'Mimco'. Nice!
I asked how much. The lady said $5. I'll take that thank you very much!!! I couldn't get that $5 out of my purse fast enough!
I also stumbled across a cute glass bottle and didn't realise until I got home and had a good look at it that its actually a really old baby's bottle. It's got the ounces markings on one side. It's currently got bleach soaking in it as it was very dirty. I tried the old baking soda and vinegar trick, but that didn't work. I'll put a photo up of it when it is clean...if I ever get it clean.
Next time, I am going WITHOUT the children so that I can have a good look through the racks and racks of clothes. So many fabulous bargains to be had.
Georgie, you MUST be here on a weekend when you do eventually get down here. I am taking you there and you will have a ball!
~ Ky x

5 comments:
Amazing finds there Ky, enjoy them.
Pam x
Hey Ky
Yes Camberwell is definitely a good one for sure! My Auntie and Uncle took me there when I first moved to Melb. 'cause they knew I'd like it. It's where I bought my rocking chair - which was bright yellow and is now a soft blue. Was fun trying to fit that one in the Barina I can tell you!
Great finds, glad you enjoyed a good treasure hunt.
Love George
Sounds like you had a wonderful time there and found yourself some great treasures. Look forward to hearing what you come back with next time.
xx
Everything's really beaut but I particularly like the teacups - they're so pretty - can't wait to use one.
XX
I love the tea cup of the left of your photo! It is a beauty!
Post a Comment