I've actually put in an entry for the 'eye dropper' brief in the EOS Photo5 comp...finally. Only 4 more briefs to go. Yes, I know, I should have already posted them all up by now, but, well, I'm a last minute girl. It's how I roll. Like it or lump it. I've tried to change, but I just can't seem to get myself organised enough to have it all done well in advance.
I tried to come up with some really cool photos using the eye dropper. Actually, I think I was just having a bit of fun stuffing around with it all. They are ridiculous photos and are completely unworthy of entering into any kind of photo competition. I really should have started thinking about what I was going to do for this photo as soon as I recieved the brown box in the mail.
Glitter on water with drops of vegetable oil in a pretty glass bowl.
Blue dyed milk in water.
Milk in water. If this had been a plain glass bowl it may have turned out ok.
Dyed milk in water...again.
And yes, you guessed it, dyed milk in water.
I just wasn't happy with them. They are actually laughable if you compare them to other photos that have been entered into this category. Go and check them out for yourself. You will be floored at the creativity and patience of people with a passion for photography. You can view them here.
I ended up entering a photo from my After The Rain Macro post.
Can you guess which one?
~ Ky x

9 comments:
OH MY KY THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!
Go with your first instincts here, don't worry about what others have entered. BE YOU! That will get further than following the pack!.
Most of all, ENJOY IT, which from what the photos display you were having fun and that's wonderful!!!
I think what you've shown us is quite amazing and creative and if you keep at it, you'll find what you're looking for.
As for what you've entered, it's hard to guess because they're all exquisite but I'm going for the spider's web .. or the droplet coming off the tip of the bud ... or the frozen lavender ... or ...
XX
Wow they are cool. No.4 is a winner for me - reminds me of a jelly fish you see in National Geo.
Good for you for entering the comp - that takes courage and is a reward in itself. Your confidence and success will only grow more as you give it a go!
Good stuff! G x
Wow! I have no idea how you create such gorgeousness!
I'm guessing you'll enter the spider's web or the back of the pansy petal shot? But all the ones in that post are amazing too so it was hard to choose!
Go for it Ky, you have some wonderful shots there!
Pam x
that is so incredibly cool that you tried this!! I find that the more pictures I shoot the more I learn! I think you did a great job! Next time will be even better~
Hey, they are looking good! I love the colours in the first one... good on you for giving it a go and having some fun!!
I kinda cheated and saw which one you entered, but that is the one I would have chosen!! Nice one!
first, second or forth
I think that first one would make great wrapping paper.
Post a Comment