Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunny Days, Monkey and Eat, Pray, Love

I've been feeling a bit all over the place of late. Happy, content, tired, very ordinary, melancholy, joyful, cheeky, snoozie, indifferent...and the list of ups and downs goes on. Mostly though, I've been feeling good. I would have to say that it has a lot to do with the unbelievably gorgeous weather we've been having. Clear skies, sun, soft breezes, warmth without humidity. It's just divine really. I find it hard not to feel content in some way on such a gorgeous day.
As usual too, I think often about things that I would like to blog about. I write paragraphs in my head of different topics that I feel the need to share with the world and now that I am in front of the computer, typing, I can't think of one of the very important topics to share. That's so typical of me. So scatterbrained sometimes.

And now I'm being interrupted by the 3 year old Monkey asking me a barrage of questions. So many questions...all the time. Does he think I'm an encyclopedia or something? I can assure you that I'm not. Far from it in fact. Unfortunately, when his questioning goes just that little bit too far I end up saying either, "I don't know." or "Just because...". Hardly satisfying answers for an inquisitive mind, but that's all I've got.
He just saw this photo being uploaded to this post and put his hand on his chest and exclaimed, "I'm loading!". Kids these days!
I don't even have any cool photos to share cos I haven't been anywhere to take any. Sorry, so boring of me. Actually I do have one photo I think is pretty cool. This is at a cottage, which name eludes me right now, at Mitchum. Notice anything different about this door?
That's right! No door handle! I was going to save this photo for a post where I could use it to illustrate a point about not being able to 'open the door' or 'can't get in' or 'being unable to reach out', but I'm just not feeling that clever at the moment.

 I went on a girls night out on Saturday night for dinner and a movie and totally forgot to break out the camera to take some photos. Oh well. We only talked and ate and then watched a movie. Nothing too exciting to show. It was fun though. We saw Eat, Pray, Love. I haven't read the book, but after watching the movie I can say without a doubt that the book is better. The movie really lacked something. It didn't speak to me. It didn't touch me. I was a little disappointed to say the least. To me, it felt like the movie was made in a hurry or not enough thought had gone into adapting it from the book. Not enough depth to the main characters, or maybe it was bad acting. Don't know. Can't quite put my finger on it. I'm hoping Lilian of Mothering Misadventures will critique it when she has seen it. She's great at that sort of thing.

Anyhoo, I need to go and cuddle the Monkey. He is requiring his mother's attention.
Hope you all have a lovely day!

~ Ky x






 

3 comments:

Bebie said...

Love it all! XX

Donna said...

Hi Ky! I know just how you feel when it's so lovely outside. When the weather is right, I always feel this exhileration and deep calm at the same time. I don't want to think at times like that...just enjoy. The teens and I 'wasted' the whole morning just sipping coffee and sharing our various adventures of the last few days. The kids were at church and took my place 'enmasse' as nursery workers and had lots of stories to share--plus they love passing on funny comments from friends on face book. I know all the friends and enjoy the quips as much as they do. None of us was willing to 'spoil the moment'. The weather was balmy and we just wanted to enjoy each other's company. I'm glad you had a great time with your friends and I LOVE the picture of your cutie pie. He's precious! That door is really an oddity! I was amazed at the short doors with knobs in the middle in the older part of Cologne, Germany and this one makes me think of them. But no handle? Thanks for sharing and for the comment.

I can promise you that boys NEVER out grow 'pow-pow'. It's a permanent condition. Ha!

xo
Donna @ Comin'Home

by marie-nicole said...

Hey there Ky, hope today's is another bright and sunny day down there.

Re:' Eat Pray Love' I have read the book and really enjoyed it. But have not yet seen the movie, but am interested to hear what people think of the movie. My hubby suggested we go see it together but I am inclined not to waste the money and just wait for it to come out on dvd... especially since all I have heard so far are negative reports on it... which is a shame as I think that it could be a really inspiring movie if it was well made and delivered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails