Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Canon EOS Photo5 2010

I am entering an amateur photo competition. I was talked into it by my friend, Ms Z. I, in return, talked her into entering it too. Apparently Canon do this comp every year. They send you a box with bits and bobs in it to do with the various categories.

This year there is a dropper to use for a close up photo. Incense for a black and white photo. Confetti for a motion photo. Bubblegum to be used in a portrait photo.And an 'inspired by sound' photo.

There are a lot of photos already entered and that in itself is quite intimidating as some of them are just brilliant! Some of them are not so brilliant, which makes me think that I'm not that bad a photographer after all. I am under no illusions that I will win any of the categories. I'm doing this for fun!

I haven't actually taken any photos yet, but I will be getting into it in the next 3 days cos the first category is due by Sunday and one each day after that. The hardest thing is working out how to be most creative with the props to achieve the best results and also having an original idea.

I've been jotting down some ideas this morning, but if you have an original idea, I'm open to suggestions.

Of course y'all will be getting to see the end results. I'll put up the duds first and then the pics that I chose to enter into the competition after the closing date.
So, I'm off now to have a go at some shots...or maybe I'll do some housework instead. I can't create in a messy environment, so I might do that and think more about what photos to take.

~ Ky x

4 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

Sounds like a fun challenge for you Ky, I am sure you'll come up with some great shots... can't wait to see them.
xx

CraftyMummy said...

Good on you, Ky! Can't wait to see your shots

Bebie said...

Thank you Ms Z! I told Ky a little while back she ought to be entering a competition with her photography.

Don't be intimidated by anybody; you have a talent for photography and this could be the start of something really exciting.

Looking forward to seeing your pics, and know that we're all cheering for you. XX

rockmelon said...

Your photography has inspired me ever since i've been following your blog. Be proud of your ability it gets better all the time! R xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails