Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's A Special Day Today...Twice!

Today is a special day...for two reasons.
First of all, it is my Mum's birthday.
Happy Birthday Mum!!!!
I do love you so very much! xxx


Second of all, it's also our wedding anniversary.
 We made it to 9 years! Woohoo! That's a record for me!

Seriously though, it's a very special thing that we have made it this far.
It's been a turbulant 9 years.
I am so grateful that we have put in the effort to work at this relationship.
It's been hard at times...REALLY hard, but that hard work has payed off!

I have God to thank for this very special man that I get to call my husband. I have often wondered over the years what God was thinking when He put us two together. Recently though, it has dawned on me. I am with this man because there is noone like him and there is noone that could possibly put up with me, live with me or love me as deeply as he does.

He knows me better than I know myself...almost. He can read me like a book. He knows how to make me smile. He also knows how to make me angry. He has a fantastic laugh. He looks after me with everything he's got. He's patient with me. He's kind to me. He's thoughtful towards me. He sacrifices for me. He has incredibly broad shoulders that carry the burdens of our little family. He's forgiving. He's lots of fun. He has so much common sense. He's one of the hardest working men I have ever known. He's smart. Really smart! He's not a tall man, but he more than makes up for it with his personality. He is a man of good character. He is loyal. He loves his family and friends fiercly. He's passionate. He is an AMAZING dad. He's determined to do whatever it takes to make my life and the lives of our children full and happy. He's cute and he's mine!

Most importantly, he knows how to love me!


Happy Anniversay Baby!!!
I love you so much more than I did yesterday and I look forward to growing old with you. xxx


~ Ky x

7 comments:

Felicity said...

Ky, you had me crying.
This is such a lovely post about your husband.
Congratulations on your 9th anniversary, it sounds like October 2011 is going to be a very special month.

x Felicity

PS Pop over to my blog www.giftsofserendipity.com to be in the draw to win one of Georgina's gorgeous buntings

by marie-nicole said...

A BIG CONGRATS to you both... I am sure you offer as much to the relationship as he does... it takes TWO to make it work.

Enjoy today, tomorrow and forever together!

Nic
xx

petals and vintage said...

Congratulations Ky- 9 years is a milestone these days!

You two look really gorgeous together. Here's to the next 9 years.

Pam x

Bebie said...

Happy Anniversary you two, and many, many more!
What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful man.
Thank you for greetings Ky. We were on the road for 13 hours on the 7th. XX

rockmelon said...

congrats on 9, may your love continue to grow in width and depth.
R

georgina said...

that is such a wonderful post about your relationship. it is easy to take each other for granted in our busy, busy lives and so glad you took time to recognise what you've got.
the dinner together sounded great too!
love you
G x

Donna said...

Ky, this is precious! Thanks for sharing about your wonderful hubby. :o) He sounds like mine. They do know us so well don't they. Celebrating nine years!! May you have a long and happy marriage. Before you know it, you'll be celebrating your 23rd like I did this year. Oh my! I can't believe it's been so long. It seems like yesterday. :o)

Precious photos! You two look so happy.

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails