I took this photo the other afternoon at the park at the end of our street. I just love this photo. I love the freedom and carefreeness(is that even a word?) of it. Monkey spotted the ducks and just bolted after them. He tried really hard to catch them, but didn't quite make it. In his young mind, he has no limits and can do anything. How innocent and special is that? I wish I was like him sometimes. He hasn't learnt about "can't" yet. I hope it's a really long time before he learns about that. I hope my Monkey says "can" for a very, very long time. I hope both my children do. I don't want them to be like me, telling myself "I can't" with so many things through my life. If I'd had a "can" attitude, my life would have been so different. "They" say that it's never too late, but it is too late for some things. I'm trying to change my attitude. Maybe my children will teach me how to.Sunday, July 19, 2009
I Think I Can!
I took this photo the other afternoon at the park at the end of our street. I just love this photo. I love the freedom and carefreeness(is that even a word?) of it. Monkey spotted the ducks and just bolted after them. He tried really hard to catch them, but didn't quite make it. In his young mind, he has no limits and can do anything. How innocent and special is that? I wish I was like him sometimes. He hasn't learnt about "can't" yet. I hope it's a really long time before he learns about that. I hope my Monkey says "can" for a very, very long time. I hope both my children do. I don't want them to be like me, telling myself "I can't" with so many things through my life. If I'd had a "can" attitude, my life would have been so different. "They" say that it's never too late, but it is too late for some things. I'm trying to change my attitude. Maybe my children will teach me how to.
Labels:
monkey,
my thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment