Have you ever noticed that when someone hugs you, in that moment, nothing matters? It's only for a moment, and if you aren't in that moment, you will miss it. Everything in the world that is stress, chaos, pain, fatigue, whatever it may be, for only a moment, it doesn't exist. It's almost like time stands still or slows down, like a bullet in the Matrix. That's why I love hugs!
One of my favourite huggers is my son, the Monkey. He's always been very huggy, like most boys. It's my favourite thing when his little arms tighten around my neck. There's no feeling like it. That is one of the moments where time stands still. Nothing matters in that moment. It's only a moment, but a very treasured moment.
Then there's the hugs from my husband, all encompassing, warm, secure. They completely melt all anxiety from me in that moment. I love them! I love the hugs I recieve from my Angel too. They are different hugs than I get from my boys. She's a little bit like me, a little cooler, not as willing to put her arms around me and squeeze. She'd rather you do the squeezing and hugging while she is just there to enjoy it for a split second. Don't get me wrong, she's a very warm person, just not as huggy as the other one.
I really do love hugs.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Beautiful, Kylie!
Post a Comment