I have had this box forever! Well, maybe not forever, cos I actually haven't been alive that long, but I've had it for as long as I can remember. It used to be my treasure box. When you were a kid, there are so many wonderful things that can be put in a treasure box. Now I just use it to store small things. My Mum has one too. I remember she used to keep jewellery and other fun things in it on the top shelf of the wardrobe. It was such a treat when she would get it down and let my sister and I play with what was inside it. Hers has pink thread though.
I am not only showing you this because it is 'vintage', a relic from the 70's, but because I have absolutely no idea what they are called. I was going to google it, but I don't even know what to type into google. So, if any of you can help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.
Oh, and let me know if you had one too!
~ Ky x

7 comments:
You know, Ky, I have not idea what they would be called. I've never seen one before, but they are such a great idea! I'm glad you showed us your treasure boxes.
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
Donna @ Comin' Home
www.thehomemakingarts.blogspot.com
My grandmother had one she called her sewing box. Wish I still had hers.
I had one of those! That brings back memories (now, I wonder where it is??). I kept my treasures in it. I guess it used to by my Mum's, but I have no idea what it is called!
Thanks anyway ladies.
I'll just dub it 'The recycled greeting card treasure/sewing box'.
It's a little wordy, but at least it describes it.
Mine's a little bit worse for wear but some ladies even made little basket/bags with handles for carrying things in.
I rang my cousin who gave me mine when I was 18; she didn't know if the craft had a name and she asked her spinning ladies; they didn't know either so your name is apt.
Cleaned x-ray film was used as the covering on these boxes and bags. There just wasn't anything else available back then.
Love mumXX
Thanks Ma for going to the trouble to find out for me.
I remember those bags too. I'm hoping to stumble across one in an op shop one day.
xx
I remember sitting on mum and dad's bed looking through all the things and trying on the rings etc.... wicked, evil things that they were! hahah.... thanks for sharing Ky, it's great to remember some things from forever ago>
Post a Comment