Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Monday, July 19, 2010

First Time At The Snow

I have to blog about going to the snow yesterday. It was the first time my children have been to the snow! It's also the first time that I have been to the snow too! Yes I know, how does someone get to my age and have never been to the snow??? Weeellllll...I am a Queenslander. You know, sun, surf and sand(I hate sand!). Just never bothered to save the money to go on a snow trip. Buuuut, now that we live in Victoria, it's a different story.

It was so much fun! It was so cold! I've never felt that kind of cold before. It was great!!! We went with some friends who have children of a similar age to ours. It was lots of fun with friends there too. We had snow fights, sliding down hills, the big boys made a snowman. The kids loved it! We had to bring a carrot from home for his nose. Angel made sure of that!

Here are a few pics from yesterday. Just want to share cos I was and still am so excited about it!
It was very exciting seeing the snow along the road as we neared the top of the mountain.
Using the snow covered rock as a slide.
The snow man that the guys made. He was quite a hit with other visitors to the snow too.  He had his photo taken quite a few times.
Playing in the snow is hard work and Monkey needed some more fuel.
This is Monkey refusing to look at the camera or smile for the photo.
This photo was taken by Monkey.

So there you have it! Our first time as a family at the snow. Can't wait for the next one!

~ Ky x

6 comments:

georgina said...

woo hoo. the snow is so much fun! looks like you all had a great time together and I loved your snowman. were you at Mt Donna Buang? reminds me of my time living in warburton a few years back. so cold!
hope to talk soon. thanks for the tea G x

Ky said...

Hey G, It was at Lake Mountain. There's hardly any snow at Donna Buang at the moment. It's a late snow season this year.

by marie-nicole said...

The snow is so much fun. What fond memories you and your children are going to take away from your time in VIC. Such a different lifestyle to QLD.

I had the opposite experience when I was little, born in Dandenong, Victoria, living there most of my childhood and not having been to the beach much in that time then moving to Queensland and going to the beach nearly every weekend. Such a different way of living.

Enjoy!
x

Lilian said...

Nice photos, Ky...
I'm so glad that you're enjoying your time in Melbourne.

I have yet to have my snow experience. It'll happen one day, I'm sure.

Marie-Jossee Meunier said...

Love that you enjoyed it, for the not a year goes by that we don't head out to the snow! Living in Canberra we benefit from that, the views from our front porch on a cold winters morning is amazing to seem the snow capped mountains. We love every minute of it too.... got our snow trip booked for when Andrew gets back, we are glad it's a late season for that reason...

Donna said...

How fun Ky! I need to find out exactly where Queensland is. We live in the Sam Houston National FOrest (Pine) north of Houston Tx. We can go to the beach any time we like if we don't mind driving an hour and a half--and we don't! But until the last year or two, our kids had never seen snow. We went on a 30 day trip half way across the US, up the Western coast, all the way to the Olympic Peninsula and then back down through the canyons (Grand Canyon, Bryce, etc.) One of our stops was in the mountains of Washington state where we let the kids play in the snow for the first time. They were in heaven! However our snowmen were pretty small.

Sweet story. :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails