Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Runner Is Finished!



Remember ages ago when I said I was going to make a doily runner?

 It wasn't as quick a project as I first thought. I had to decide how to lay them out first. Then pin them together.  Then  start stitching them together. Then look at it critically. Then unpick it all. Then lay it out again . Then pin it again. Then start stitching again...a task which isn't as easy as it sounds. Then speak sternly to the 3 year old several times during all this to keep away and DON'T TOUCH!

Doesn't matter anyway. It's done and dusted!

One project down, roughly 10 more to do!

~ Ky x

13 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

Looks great Ky.

You know what I do when I'm laying something out that could work in several combinations I take a snap shot on my phone of each combination I create and then decide which one to settle on.

BTW. So sorry that I have not followed through with your Blogger award yet, I started writing it last night but didn't get to finish it, have been so busy leading up to our week away next week. And today I've been out all most of the day I have only just eaten lunch and got my little munchkin down for a sleep and we're due to do pick up the other two very soon... bit crazy around here at the moment.

Hope you're enjoying your week.

Donna said...

Ky, That's gorgeous runner! What a great idea! I love doilies but I never thought to stitch them together.

You did a wonderful job. :O)

Bebie said...

It looks beautiful. Levi just wanted to help. lol Will you place it on the diningroom table? I like Nic's idea of the photos. Will keep it in mind.

Am looking forward to seeing the next project Ky. XX

Z said...

It's gorgeous. You are so clever!

georgina said...

hooray! it looks lovely.
i'm curious to know what gave you the nudge to start with this little project?

Shannan Martin said...

LOVE THIS!!! (Yes, I'm shouting.) What a fun, fresh spin on classic doilies. I remember loving this idea in a mag a while back, but I love it even more now!

Taryn said...

woo hooooo!! you're a star!...can you come and yell kick and scream at me till I get some of my 'to make' list done!!!! looks great and well done you xx

Ky said...

Naww, you guys are all so sweet! You're just excited that I actually finished something that I said I was going to do.

G, I saw it on another blog months ago. I did post about it way back then.

love me xx

Lindz said...

Good one sis! It's beautiful! Can't wait to see next project! :)

Lilian said...

It's very beautiful, Ky.
I'm always envious of those who can do things with needles.

petals and vintage said...

Wow! That looks amazing. Looks stunning on your table. have a great weekend. x

Felicity said...

SO GORGEOUS!
You've inspired me to go and find some beautiful doilies.

x Felicity

PS Discovered you via Perpetual

NessaKnits said...

Fabulous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails