Following on from yesterdays post, I thought I'd share a few more things I found last week. So exciting! A couple of them were for free.
So, without further ado...
A gorgeous straw? handbag.
A green, glass bottle which came with a white, plastic lid so you can actually keep liquids in it. I don't like the ugly, white lid though. This bottle is sitting on my kitchen bench at the moment until I decide what to use it for. It will probably become a water bottle for the fridge.
Now this trunk was a special surprise from my hubby! He came home with it last week. He spotted it in a pile of someones council pick up rubbish on the side of the road. I was SO excited when he pulled it out of the back of the ute. It needs a bit of a clean and some new hinges, but other than that it's completely usable. Yay! More storage! I love that he gets what I like...old crap, with a story to tell.
This was another freebie. Dad and I picked it up from the side of the road last week. Yes, council pick up is happening in our area too. It's in perfect nick! I can't believe the stuff people throw away. It's a perfectly good mirror, in a perfectly good frame.
Mum and I also picked up a kids wooden table and four wooden chairs. All they need is a sand back and some new paint and they are as good as new. Seriously!
So, I do actually have some little projects to work on. Will show you them when they are finished. Note the orange chairs the trunk is sitting on. Well they are going to have removable chair covers made for them so that they actually look nice. They were also a freebie from one of the schools my hubby is renovating at the moment. Very comfortable, but very ugly. They are our outdoor furniture.
So, better get cracking!
~ Ky x

3 comments:
WOW... THAT TRUNK IS GORGEOUS... what a great find!!! I am very envious!
All your finds in this post are fantastic... my Dad used to laugh at me for picking things up on the side of the road. Now, he brings things around says I found this on the side of the road and thought you might like it.
Enjoy your revamping projects!
xx
Great finds Miss K. You are onto something there... hubby bringing you home found vintage gifts. well done!
Oh my goodness Ky--that is the most BEE-U-tiful trunk!! I love the mirror and frankly the 'ugly' chairs too. You guys have amazing stuff!! I love the words you use--they are so different than ours. I've never heard of a council pick up or a sand back but I'm assuming that one is like a community thrift store and the other is sanding. :o)
I love the stuff you find!
Post a Comment