So I was able to do a little bit of op shopping last week while Mum and Dad were visiting. I hadn't stepped foot into an op shop for a couple of weeks. I had a splendid time searching for that special treasure that I just had to have.
Thought I'd show you one of the treasures I bought on Friday.
Our Royal Family by Stanley Brogden.
Published for The Sun News-Pictorial, Melbourne
I googled this book to find out when it was published as there is no date written in the book. Apparently it was 1949...and it smells like it.
I actually bought this book as I thought Angel would like to see photos of kings and queens and princesses and crowns. She's very much into all that kind of thing. Always has been.
So, now it's your turn. I've taken some photos of the pictures inside the book. I love to look at old photos. The fashion, the hairstyles, the decor, all of it really.
King George and Princess Elizabeth
Princess Margaret with Bob Hope
The coronation of King George VI
There is nothing new under the sun when it comes to fashion.
Yeah, I know. Not my greatest photography ever.
I have to admit that I am a bit of a royalist. I've always loved to read about them and look at pictures of them and hear about them in the news. It's been great looking through this book. I don't think I'll ever get around to reading it. I just couldn't stand smelling it for all that time. But I've enjoyed learning a little bit about King George. I think he was quite a handsome man. Apparently he was a lovely bloke too.
So, that's about it for today.
~ Ky x

3 comments:
I do love these piccys Ky, how perfectly splendid!
Thanks for sharing this Ky, the photos are fascinating.
Hope the sun is shining down there for you!
x
Fabulous book, Ky! I know a few people who would give their right arm to own that one!
Post a Comment