Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Thursday, September 2, 2010

Some Pink for Spring

Today was as close to spring as it gets in Melbourne at the beginning of September. I was thrilled when I looked out the window this morning and saw a clear, blue sky. Full of happiness and promise of a great day! It has been a marvelous day! The sunshine does wonders for my soul, especially after weeks and weeks of gloomy, grey skies with only the odd day of sun to try and recharge ones mood with. It is very cold today, but I don't care at all cos it's a sunny one!!!

I was finally able to stop here and there to take some photos of cherry blossoms and magnolia blossoms. I've been wanting to do it for 2 weeks, but the weather has been just appalling for taking photos.

These two pics were my attempt at taking photos last week on the coldest, most bitter day I have experienced while living here. It was raining, windy and very, very cold! The cherry blossums all looked beautiful, but it was too miserable to be in the wind for long and I didn't want to get the camera wet, so this is all I have.
In the photo below you can see that there is a long row of pink all the way down the hill. It was so pretty!


 Below are the photos I took this morning. A much nicer day for taking photos. Unfortunately, the magnolias are starting to drop their petals and the cherry blossoms have grown leaves since last week. I really wanted photos of just pure pink trees. Next year! I will get them next year!







There you go Nic. Do you love them?
How about the rest of you? Do you love some pink flowers? I do! And red ones and yellow ones and white ones and blue ones and purple ones and orange ones and ALL the colours!

BTW my Mum is visiting again, with Dad this time. She bought me some jonquils and daffodils today and my whole house smells just divine! Thank you Mum for making the house smell happy! xx

Happy Spring to everyone in the southern hemisphere! Happy Autumn to everyone in the northern hemisphere!

~ Ky x

4 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

I do love them! GORGEOUS!!!

Am so glad the sun shunning down your way today... it is amazing how our emotions can be affected by our environment. ENJOY!

Nic
xx

georgina said...

Oh I love them too. I do miss aspects of living down south in the cooler climate - the gardens are always such a contrast between the seasons and can definitely lift your mood.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Love George x

Lindz said...

oh how gorgeous!! So pretty! Thank you for sharing these.... we have a few scattered around Narromine, but not thick with flowers like these ones. Have a great day, give mum and dad a kiss from me.xoxooxx

Unknown said...

What could be prettier than a magnolia? So lovely. I love the bright pink and the soft sky. Just gorgeous! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails