Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Thursday, September 9, 2010

Of Books and Abby Shoes

Yesterday Mum and I popped into a couple of op shops for a bit of a browse. We came home with a few nice finds. Mostly books. Old classics. I now own a copy of Doctor Zhivago, a Dickens, a Plato and Socrates, a Shakespeare, an Oscar Wilde and a David Copperfield(the writer, for those of you as naive as I was until yesterday morning). All for 50 cents each. Mum got hold of a few oldies too. Mostly Shakespeare and a couple of poetry books.

That, however,  is NOT what I want to show you today.

 I want to show you a pair of shoes I found at a little, almost hidden away op shop. I held them up to Mum with a big smile on my face and announced that I wanted to buy them. She looked at me in surprise and said, "You're not." I laughed and said, "Yes, I am!"

I have dubbed these shoes my 'Abby Shoes'!

 See why? They are Demonia shoes. A UK brand. I looked them up online this morning and apparently Abby Scuito wears this brand of Goth shoe. Or boots mostly. If you don't know who Abby is, then I'm very sorry, we can no longer be friends.

Kidding!!!!

Can you believe these were only $4.50? I can hear some of you saying a rather emphatic, YES! I know they are not everyones cup of tea, but I rather like them and I shall wear them. I told Mum I was going to wear them to church. I got another look of surprise and another, "You're not." I may rethink that one. Don't know if it's entirely appropriate to wear a pair of shoes with Demonia printed on the inside of them to church.

Even if I don't get to wear them very much, at least I'll have something to wear to a dress up party. I'll finally be able to unleash the Goth within. Yes, it's in there, but has never reared it's ugly head as I'm not into the whole satanism, gore, weird stuff that goes along with it.

Thanks Mum for the new shoes...yes, believe it or not, she bought them for me. I totally love my MUM!!!

~ Ky x



10 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Wowza...those are super funky! I'm sure you will look great in them. Aren't mom's the best?:)

Lindz said...

oh..... my...... word!!! go on I dare ya to wear em to church!! hahahaaaaaa... they remind me of alice in wonderland for some reason!

by marie-nicole said...

I think they are GREAT. They are very funky... and I think you could wear them in a way that is not necessarily goth like... they certainly make a statement.

They do have a fairy tale feel to them I can see them with a bold printed flouncy/puffy skirt and a big tight belt with a fitted top.

Have fun finding out how to wear them.
xx

Zanyta said...

They are fantastic! You could wear them to the Fearless social night at church this week!!

Unknown said...

Ky!! Those are brilliant shoes!! Positively brilliant. And only 4.50? Such a steal.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement on the blog. You are truly sweet. I feel so thankful to have met you recently. What a blessing.

Tasha said...

OM MY GOSH!!! I love them ... if you ever tire of them, I'd love to have them in my collection!!!

Ky said...

Thanks ladies! Glad you love them too.
Tash, I'm leaving you my shoes in my will.

rockmelon said...

i agree with all, they're very fab. i would wear them. Just be you at church and where-ever, how else will others particularly visitors feel welcome if we all look alike?

Tasha said...

Woohoo ... Shoes Shoes ... oh how I love shoes!!

Donna said...

Wow! Those are AMAZING shoes! Watch out--Ky is coming! You will blow people away in those shoes. But they will look great on you I'm sure.

Your comment about your Mum cracked me up! That is so like a mother. Aren't they wonderful? My mother is IN to weird things..new age mostly. But I go to church and I don't care who made my shoes...I don't think the Lord cares either. He wants hearts who love Him. :O)

I really do like your style Ky. It wouldn't look good on me at all, but it does look good on you.

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails