It was the most beautiful, sunny day yesterday. A cool breeze blew and we still had to wear a jacket, but the sun was just glorious!
Monkey and I had elevensies outside, in the sunshine, together. I drank black, Lady Grey tea, while he ate bikkies.
I sat and looked out at the appalling state of my back yard. It's very hard to get motivated to do something about the lawn and garden when it's cold and grey so much. I do really enjoy the cold weather, but I think I must concede and admit that it is time for a lot of spring sunshine to lift my mood and motivate me to make something pretty out of this weedy, overgrown yard.
I need lots of fast growing herbs and pretty flowers in the garden to make sitting out the back a most joyous event.
Lots of colour, loads of green and a beautifully manicured lawn.
I NEED it!
So c'mon spring! Give me some sunshiny days...more than one in a row!!!
~ Ky x

6 comments:
It looks delightful and it's nice to see you're using MY cup! lol
hmmmmm... I wonder what the number of Backyard Blitz is, even though they're not on TV anymore.XX
That's sounds blissful Ky.
We too have been making the most of the beautiful sunshine having elevensies and lunch outside.
BUT, yesterday we had torrential rain here... the one and only day that I decide to invite 8 women and their kids for morning tea... was looking forward to sharing my back garden and all it's glory in the sunshine at this time of year... but instead we were trapped inside for hours, no one wanted to leave the rain was so heavy.
Hope you get to enjoy more sun down your way this week... and get into the mood to spruce up your garden.
Nic
x
I love the feeling of the coming spring! But we're getting all ready to ring in fall over here!
lovely - playing ladies (& gents) with the tea cups and saucers. wish we could be there. we'd make a great gardening team too!
Dear Ky, Thanks so much for your sweet comments about my son and others in the military. That really blessed me.
I just have to say I love your tea photo! The cup, the tea, the linen and the lighting are perfect! MMmm! Makes me want to make some too. :o)
I guess you are opposite seasons from us. You should visit my blog and type spring flowers in my search box. You will get some lovely photos of flowers from this year's spring on our property. They might give you a little life during your winter blues. :o)
Thanks for sharing about your tea. May I ask what bikkies are? And I didn't know that 'elevensies' was a REAL idea. I'd only heard about it in the Winnie the Pooh stories. My kids always joke about me being like Pooh and wantings some elevensies. Only we thought it was just part of a story.
xo
Donna
I meant 'lift' Ky..not life. Ha! Sorry about that. :o)
xo
Donna
Post a Comment