A few of my really good recipes have been given to me by my sister. They are easy, but oh so good. This pancake recipe is another of my favourites...or should I say, another of my family's favourites. I've started making these most Sunday mornings. It's quite a treat for the kids cos it's the only time they are allowed to have icecream for brekky.
They are by far the fluffiest, lightest pancakes I've ever had. They turn out the same every single time too. I love them with sliced banana, maple syrup and cream...icecream too if I'm in the mood for it.
So, do you want the recipe? Do ya? Do ya?
Mix together 2 egg yolks, 1 cup of sifted SR flour, 3/4 cup of milk and 1/2 tsp sugar.
Beat 2 egg whites until stiff (just like you would if you were making meringue or pavlova).
Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter (I'm assuming you know what it means to 'fold' when it comes to cooking).
Then just spoon the mixture into a heated pan and cook till golden on either side.
This mixture will give you about 6 small pancakes, so just double or triple the mixture if you have a few people to feed.
I have even made these as a fun dinner on a Friday night. The kids thought they had hit the dinner jackpot when I started making these. No veges or salad. Just pancakes, maple syrup and icecream.
Hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does.
Thanks Sis for sharing!
~ Ky x

4 comments:
I would never have thought about using egg whites. Sounds terrific.
YUM! And also...DANG! I am craving pancakes now... Do you deliver?
My mouth is watering just looking at that photo!! Wish I could come for Brekky on Sunday, but I have a prior engagement. Your sis xoxo
That's a great idea, using egg whites!
Post a Comment