Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Friday, June 18, 2010

Dying For A Cure

I was horrified after reading this story that my friend, Mrs T, put as a link on facebook a couple of days ago. I know that depression meds can have a negative effect on some people, but I had no idea to what lengths. I've mostly had a good experience and positive results from taking my meds over the past 13 years. I only have negative effects if I stop taking them, even for one day. I did have that one episode when I tried a new antidepressant drug. I still don't know what happened to me, whether it was a panic attack or what, but it was the one time I actually thought that death was a solution to ending the feeling. It was one of the scariest moments of my life!

 Rebekah was given a trial pack of Zoloft, which is the first drug that I took over a period of a few years. Unlike Rebekah Beddoe, I had no negative side effects. But you can read here a summary of events that happened to her.

This is a book worth reading, and I intend on getting my hands on a copy. The negative effects of these powerful drugs is not well known by the general public. After reading about this, I think it should be. We are living in a time where depression is becoming more and more commonplace. Doctors are handing out prescriptions left, right and centre. I think there should be a lot more education about anti-depressant drugs. They are incredibly powerful drugs! Obviously, there needs to be more education, for doctors and the general public.
I don't know what Rebekah went through, I can only imagine and I'm sure I would be way off. It must have been the most horrifying and terrifying experience ever. Something noone wants to go through. Praise God that she came through this experience alive and with her sanity intact.

~ Ky x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails