Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Wednesday, June 23, 2010

If Everyone Cared

If everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
We'd see the day that nobody died.

Singing, a-men, I, I'm alive.

I was driving home from the school pick up this afternoon, listening to some Nickelback. Yes, I like Nickelback. Anyway, I was listening to this song and thinking about the music video for it. They played it in church a few weeks ago, so it's fresh in my memory (sort of). I don't think about the video clip every time I hear this song, but I think I should. I would then be reminded to do something to help someone else instead of always just thinking that I should do something to help someone else. And that's what I thought about as I drove along listening to it.
It's time I made a sacrifice of either my time or money, or both, to make someone elses life a little easier, a little less painful. There's too much pain in this world and it's time I did something to take away a teensy, little bit of it. Time for me to stop being selfish. It's so easy to be selfish in this world. We are all so busy and time poor. Always have so many bills to pay and things to buy that we think we need.
As I type this I'm feeling like such a hypocrite. That will be my prayer for myself over the next few days, to stop being selfish and sacrifice either time or money or both to help. We are supposed to become like Jesus and right now, that's how I think I should be changing to become more like Him. So, I'm sharing this music video with you because it always strikes a chord in me and maybe it will in you too.

Sing it Chad!  Nickelback - If Everyone Cared

If you are someone who helps to ease someone elses life, let me know. If you have an idea how I can help, let me know.

~ Ky x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails