Some days I just want to find a quiet little corner and hide there, totally undisturbed, for a few long hours. I am the full time carer of one very energetic, often disobedient, problem solving(which is a problem in itself), curious, very loud, mess making three year old boy. I am also full time carer (when she is not at school) to a very talkative(I swear she could talk under water), imaginative, refuses to eat fruit, sometimes disobedient, impatient, but loving five year old girl.
This mothering gig is really hard work! It does my head in so often. I'm not a very patient person and have a bad temper to boot. Throw in being tired often and a moody temperament and you get how this picture can be sometimes. I'm learning to count to ten, or just throw my hands up in the air, go get the wipes and clean up the mess without saying a word. There is not as much yelling as there used to be(from me that is). Hmmm, I'm painting quite the negative picture here, aren't I? I shall stop that right now!
Am I being more positive now? I do love them, and I do love being their mum. I just need a little down time every now and then. Down time without interruption.
~ Ky x

3 comments:
Oh it's hard sometimes... a lot of the time... often even most of the time... every now and then you get little reminders of what it's all for and why we do it and why we would not change it for the world. Sometimes it feels like these reminders are few and far between but they are enough to keep us moving forward.
Our 8 yr old is challenging us to the hilt at the moment, pushing his boundaries like never before. our little 2 1/2 yr old sounds a lot like you little monkey he too is a clown and straight down the line with his responses.
I hope you find some time to yourself to regroup and refresh, and on a regular basis to, one day in a million is not enough.
Re: Your comment on my post about my space... there is only really peace during my little munchkin's day time sleep I make the most of that peace, especially now that he sleeps.
Other than that though my time in that space is more often than not shared with the rest of the family... with constant interruptions in my so called 'work slots' which disrupt the flow.
But before we know both of our children will be at school and soon after that they'll leave the nest and we will look back and realise how precious this time that we have with them at the moment actually is as it is only for a very short time in comparison to the rest of ours & their lives.
I'm rambling... sorry... I have to get going... but I hope this has helped, even if only just a little.
I had to rush off before so I did not even read my ramblings before posting my comment, sorry about the typos etc.
I did not want it to all sound negative... I too love my children with all my hear... but we all need a break or a change every now and then that's what I think is hardest about being a full time carer/stay at home mum our reality rarely changes.
As I write this I am sitting in a café enjoying a cup of coffee and some uninterrupted work time... which is something I have not had for a while. I use to do this regularly but this it the first time this year. My husband enables this to happen, he takes care of the boys for a couple of hours... "happy wife happy life"... "happy mum happy home".
Nic
x
Thanks for the giggles Nic. You always cheer me up. I need to slot in some "me time" with hubby's help of course, on a regular basis. It just doesn't happen often. I don't think an uninterrupted kip on a saturday arvo really counts. He might think so, but I know it's not nearly enough.
I don't have the luxury of Monkey having day sleeps anymore. If I make him have one, he doesn't go to bed till really late. Just can't get him to go to sleep, so I had to stop the day sleeps. Oh well, c'est la vie.
Post a Comment