Last night I got my groove on. I rocked a concert ticket and my little black camera. I was known to hoot loudly and clapped till my hands were crimson.
Whooo!!!
Last night was all about the music!
The concert opened with Naturally 7. These guys are great!
NO instruments required!
They are touring in April and playing in Melbourne on April 30. I might just have to see how much the tickets are. Even the kids love to watch them on Youtube.
Very, very good warm up for Michael.
So, without further ado, I give you MICHAEL BUBLE!
This guy is cool. This guy is suave. This guy is very at home on the stage. He is charismatic. He is surprisingly funny. So funny, in fact, that I would have been happy to listen to him do stand up all night.
But he didn't. He sang. Boy, can he sing!
Not all his songs are my cup of tea. But that didn't matter last night.
And the band...
Well, where do I start? Such a talented bunch of blokes. Just fantastic music!!!
They make it sound easy to play.
Naturally, Michael sang a song with Naturally 7.
And naturally, I played around with the settings on my camera. I learnt a thing or two about taking photos at night. I was very pleased to learn more about using my camera last night. And, was very happy to see a lot of the photos actually turned out well.
He has a lot of fun when he performs. He did a lot of sliding down this part of the stage.
He even moonwalked down it when he did a short tribute to Michael Jackson by dancing and singing 'Billie Jean'. It was so unexpected and SO awesome!!!
The audience LOVED it!!!
He said goodnight and the lights went out. Pffft, everyone knows that's not the end of a concert.
I was delighted when the first few notes of 'Feeling Good' started and he came back on stage. I would have been absolutely crushed if he didn't sing that song! Y'all know it's my favourite.
He did NOT disappoint. Neither did the band. They rocked!
Ya gotta love a three song encore.
Thanks Michael for an awesome night! I know have an itty bitty crush on you and I'll be seeing you next time you come to Melbourne.
What a way to start the birthday celebrations!
Yep, today is my birthday. And yes, I'm telling you so you can leave me a comment, cos I love comments. Don't love birthdays so much, but I love comments!
~ Ky x

14 comments:
Soooo jealous, Ky! Sounds like it was fabulous!
Coincidence: I caught the end of an interview with Naturally 7 yesterday on the radio and wished I'd heard more. Now I'll have to go and listen to them.
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday!!! what a great concert - and the piccies are great!! enjoy your special day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear, sweet Ky,
I hope that the concert was the beginning of a wonderful week title the 'Festival of Ky' where you receive lovely surprises, big hugs and all the things that make you happy and let you know how special you really are.
Biggest of birthday hugs all the way from Queensland,
Felicity x
Oh you lucky....LUCKY Girl....I am so GREEN with envy at this moment I could BURST....!!!!!
THANK YOU for taking these AWESOME pics for us....!!
Cheers,
Tamarah :o)
Happy Happy Happy Birthday Ky, hope you get spoilt by the family. . .♥
Oh my goodness Ky!! Rebekah and I adore his music! I can't believe you got to go to his concert. And your photos are astonishingly wonderful! I'd love to know exactly what you did to get such fabulous night time photos!
I've been working on doing up close 'detail' photos which I posted today as part of a homemaking post. I spent the afternoon figuring out how to use my point and shoot camera to it's full capabilities. I didn't know I could change the ISO.
Super fantastic photos!!
xo
Donna
Happy Birthday to you!
Glad to hear that the concert was good - he really is a fantastic performer! (We west coast Canadians are very proud!)
The pictures turned out wonderfully! Can't ask for too much more for your birthday, eh? :)
Sounds good, Ky.
He's one of my favourite singers and I love his rendition of "Feelin' Good".
Also love his version of Spiderman... hehehe...
I'll bet he's much much better live.
Awesome pics of of the night!!! And Hip Hip HOORAY It's your Birthday! xx
Happy Birthday to one of my most favorite blog friends! Wishing you a happy week of birthday-ness : )
I love that you could go to this concert. The pictures look magnificent!
How exciting!! I hear Michael knows how to put on a fabulous show and your pictures prove it! Glad you had a wonderful time!
Sounds like a great birthday!! I loved seeing all these concert photos. Naturally 7-I wonder if they're like Take 6? I noticed the giant natural symbols on the backdrop behind them. Glad the show was fab.
I was there too! And WOW! It was great! I love these photos! I was way way out the back and only had my iphone didn't get any good shots.
http://beafunmum.com/tag/michael-buble-concert-brisbane/
Glad you had a good time!
Hi there!
What fantastic photos you got! Wasn't it the most INCREDIBLE concert!!
I was just wondering if you happened to get any photos of the 18 year old who got a hug towards the beginning of the show, with the yellow 'I'm 18 today, can I please have a hug?' sign... that was ME!! Hahaha. We didn't get many good photos or videos, so anything would be much appreciated! My email address is koala_blue_202@hotmail.com. Thankyou so much!
Post a Comment