Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Garden Tea Party

Here are photos from the Garden Tea Party for Angel. It's amazing how much effort goes into a simple party. It was mostly fun preparing for it. I woke up VERY early that morning and my mind was racing with all the things I still needed to do to get everything ready by that afternoon. I knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep, so I just got up and started doing things. It's rather nice being the only one up in a quiet house, while it's still dark outside. Very peaceful indeed.
So, shall I give you the tour?

Bubbles and nail polish for the young ladies to enjoy during the festivities.
They all loved having their toenails polished. We didn't do fingernails because they aren't allowed to wear it to school, so it was kind of pointless.

Afternoon tea set out for the girls to choose what they'd like to eat.

I bought this at the op shop. It's a bit yuk on the inside and is not salvagable to use for tea. I started out putting roses in it, but it leaks, so I put a pot plant in it instead and it now lives out in the garden.

We HAD to have roses for the tea party. You simply can't have a garden tea party without roses.

Marshmallow teacups. Yum! And so simple to make. They were a big hit!

I wish I had made more paper flowers, but I ran out of paper and time.

Of course, you can't have a birthday party without Cheezels. One on each finger.

Very special 'tea'.

The trampoline was a big hit with the girls. They jumped and twirled and threw around their feather boas. There were feathers EVERYWHERE!!! So colourful and so fun.

I made some bunting with fabric napkins that I sourced from op shops. It was my first time making it. Who knew it was so easy.
I put out Angels dollhouse for the girls to play with too. Those two playing with it in the picture had so much fun and stayed there for ages.
Oh, I must add that my darling hubby threw together this child height table last week after work. It was perfect for them to all sit around. It's WONDERFUL having such a handy husband. Thank you darling!

This was the only game they played...pass the parcel. There wasn't time to play any others as they were having fun eating, trampolining, doll housing, nail polishing and present opening.

She chose this birthday cake for me to make for her. I know you'll love it, but I'm not happy with how it turned out. I was in a rush and didn't do it properly. She loved it though, and that's all that matters!

Pressie time!

She LOVES opening presents.
Who doesn't???




My Angel, my Princess. All dolled up for a tea party.
She had a great time, which to me makes the party a huge success!

She's 6! Can you believe it? Where has the time gone???

~ Ky x

12 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

You created a beautiful atmosphere Ky... and it looks like it was a HUGE hit with the birthday girl and her guests.

Nice Work.
xx

Lilian said...

It's great, Ky... You did a fantastic job.

Donna said...

Ky, This is just precious!! Oh..it's the sweetest tea party I've ever seen. I'm NOT exaggerating! I love the tea cups and the heart cake. I think you did a great job...and I should know, I've been decorating cakes for years. :o) Your photos make me think of the tea party in Alice and Wonderland. :o) You did a really lovely job Ky.

xo
Donna

Photography said...

OH how lovely!!! I love the bunting (close up pic!!??) and the table is gorgeous! It all looked like such a fab day. Happy Birthday Princess!!

petals and vintage said...

Little girls in pretty dresses at a tea party are just delightful.

Love the teapot that lives outside now.

Pam x

georgina said...

hello ky
you outdid yourself! what an amazing party! i'm sure angel enjoyed it and will remember it forever. all the little details are so lovely! yay.
love me x

Unknown said...

Oh my word. This is absolutely the party that dreams are made of! I LOVE the details. You took so much care in every single instance. It looks positively perfect! That cake you made is amazing. WOW! Seriously! This party is so sweet. I am glad you could do something so lovely for her. I can feel your love for her every time I come here. Precious!

Seizing My Day said...

Oh my word... SO Sweet!! I love throwing kid parties!! Some of this party might make it into our next little girl party... mind you ... my little girl is getting bigger... she may not approve!! =)

I love LOVE the tea pot!! love it! I want one!! he he

Bebie said...

The perfect tea-party Ky; what a great job you did. Something so well planned and executed will always be a winner. Angel will remember it forever. XX

Lyndel said...

I can't add more than the comments above. Building Memories for your precious girl... perfect♥

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh how DIVINE....What a MAGICAL experience you've created here for your GORGEOUS daughter....I know she would have had an absolute BLAST....!

Love love LOVE the Marshmallow Teacups....Sure beats the old 'fairy bread'....!!!!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Tammy said...

What a special day you created for your little angel!!! Well done!!

I love the hearts on top of the cake - how did you make them?

I love kid's birthday parties - such a chance to be really creative and pile all of the love you have for your kids into making their day really special.

Thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails