I needed to spend some time by myself yesterday. Angel was at school and the Monkey was at Kindy. I will admit that I was supposed to do the 1000 steps with some friends, but I REALLY needed to hang by myself and do my thing. I was going to go home and have a kip then clean and tidy the house, but that didn't happen...at all!
I only intended to pop into my favourite shopping centre for a couple of hours, but ended up being there the whole time. I was armed with birthday money and some David Jones giftcards and a desperate need for some new clothes.
I don't normally shop at DJ's and after browsing the racks yesterday I remembered why. All designer brands. Most of it too expensive. Maybe that's why most of the other shoppers that were there yesterday were heaps older than me. They're the ones with the money to burn. I have to say, I felt young shopping in DJ's.
Moving on...
The entrance to DJ's is smack bang inbetween a Louis Vuitton store and a Prada store. I've never walked into the LV store cos their stuff just doesn't appeal to me, but I've been in the Prada store. Gorgeous stuff! Not everything has a price tag on it though, so it's a case of 'if you need to ask the price, you can't afford it'.
I had to snap some shots of the Ralph Lauren windows. These shots turned out badly cos my camera doesn't have a 'no reflection' function on it.;-) These windows were decorated so beautifully. I must wander into that store some time soon to have a browse. I'm sure there must be something in there that I can afford to buy. A hairtie maybe?
You can see how high end this part of the shopping centre is by the other stores that are in the window reflection...Miu Miu, Gucci, Tiffany's...
So sorry about this shot. I should have taken it from the other side of the window.
Anyway, enough ranting about shopping and how the other half live.
I've just made myself this cup of tea. It's from T2, another glorious shop that I could spend lots of money in. Much more affordable of course. So many teas to choose from. So many pretty teacups and teapots. But I digress. I actually wanted to tell you that this particular tea is called Melbourne Breakfast. I really like it! You can also get Sydney Breakfast and Brisbane Breakfast. I'm sure they are nice too, but not being a black tea drinker normally, I really like this one.
Thank you Missa for the gift of different blends for my birthday.
Ya gotta love a gift that you wouldn't normally buy for yourself. Especially a gift that allows you to experience things that you wouldn't normally have experienced.
I shall now end these ramblings and go and get on with my day now that I've enjoyed a cuppa.
Hope YOU have a great day too.
AND I'd like to say a very BIG thank you to each one of you for your kind birthday wishes. They made my day. Every single one of you made my day!
~ Ky x
ps. I'd like to add that shopping with gift cards and birthday money is so much more fun than normal shopping with your own money.

10 comments:
Hope you had a lovely day anyway!
I LOVE shopping with birthday money and vouchers - guilt free shopping! Glad you got to relax, I love to just go off by myself sometimes and do my own too, breathing space!
INDEED it is Lovey....GLAD you found some time for yourself yesterday....On the other side of the coin I'm spending so much time with myself at the moment I'm driving myself NUTS....Too many one sided conversations me thinks....hahahahaha....
Enjoy the rest of the week....!
Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)
Well it sure does sound like you had fun shopping... admiring the detail of the visual merchandising can be enough of a fix for those really expensive stores.
Enjoy your tea!
xx
Good for you - I call them 'mental health days' xx
I actually LOVE the reflections you've captured in those window shots!!! Thanks for sharing x
Sometimes those big designer stores are so intimidating, not to mention expensive! We have a few around here, but I never go in to browse. And I agree... shopping with birthday money is so much more exciting than spending your own ;o)
Ky, what a sweet story and lovely tea cup! I'm so happy for you! Happy Birthday!
xo
Donna
Sometimes we just need days like that :-) Love the header!!
i think the window pics have a great feel, i love looking in windows too, have never taken pics tho great idea. Loved the Buble post too, very envious! Glad you had a great night out!
Well girl you get another b-day gift. You were one of the winners on my blog for your photo submission. When you get a minute pick out a cuff and email me your address and I'll get it sent right out to you:) Happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment