The 27th of February is a special day for me. It marks the day that I was born. So, I have celebrated another birthday this past Saturday. My first here in Melbourne. It started off very slowly...just the way I like it. I had a little sleep in, which was very nice. There were plans to go to church, but they were waylaid by Monkey needing a sleep, so I was picked to stay home with him and of course I went back to bed too.
By mid afternoon I was ready for another kip, so off to bed I went.
Sitting outside, having a cuppa with my Baby, later that day, he suggested we go for a drive and end up somewhere for some dinner. I thought that was a wonderful idea. We all got ready and jumped in the car. Well, we ended up at the St Kilda Bath House where there is a wonderful restaurant called Soul Mama. It was all planned of course because there were people waiting for us at our table. Old friends that I have not seen in 6 years! I was so excited to see them and we had a marvelous time catching up over REALLY good vegetarian food. All the food at Soul Mama is vegetarian. It's a global cafe, so you can experience their fine fare in different parts of the world. None of us could finish our meals as they are such large servings. I am SO going back there!
Coffee and dessert was consumed elsewhere. Some cute little chocolate cafe in one of the busy streets in St Kilda. I forgot to see what it was called. The coffee was divine and we all shared churros with pots of melted dark, milk and white chocolate. Yum!!! Such a good night! I had a very good birthday! My Baby came through again. He always makes me feel very special on my birthday...as do all my friends and family. Lots of skyping, telephone calls, texting and facebook messages. Love it!
Thank you to everyone who helped to make my day special! Love you all very much xxx

2 comments:
Oh Cool. I have heard about that Restaurant before from my sis... never made it there...yet (perhaps when I visit sometime?). St Kilda is such a lovely place to visit too. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Good work to the Mr!
YUM YUMMITY YUM!!!
Looks divine and I'm so glad you enjoyed such a wonderful day xxx
Post a Comment