This is the view from my kitchen window. Almost every time I am working in the kitchen and look out the window, I wonder who lives next door, what their furniture looks like, what they do with their time, if they are looking out their window at me in my kitchen.
It's the same when I am sitting at a cafe or at the shopping centre, people watching. I look at the faces of people, the expression on their face, what they are wearing, how they carry themselves, if they are with someone else and I wonder what they do, where they are going, why they are here.
Everyone has a story whether it be interesting or not. I suppose most stories are interesting because it's different to mine. I often wish I was an extrovert and was comfortable striking up conversations with complete strangers. I would ask them all sorts of questions about themselves and ask them to tell me their story. I love to hear people's stories. If people are willing to open up about their life, I could sit and listen for hours. I find people so very interesting, unfortunately, a lot of people are too wary or in a hurry to sit and talk and share their story. Unfortunately, it is completely outside my comfort zone to strike up a conversation with someone I don't know. Because of this, I know I am missing out. I'm missing out on viewing life from someone elses perspective, from seeing things from someone elses point of view. I'm missing out on hearing the adventures of someone elses journey. Maybe, somehow, I can reinvent myself as an extrovert so that I can enjoy talking to people I don't know, well, listen to them anyway. I'd rather listen than talk.
Maybe one day soon I will work up the courage to go next door and meet the people who live behind that window that I see from my kitchen, and maybe I will find that they have a great story to tell. I really hope so. I love a good story!
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's 27th October, 2010 and I've just read this comment. Somehow I must have missed it, but anyhow, have you met the people next door yet? Who lives behind the kitchen window?
XX
Post a Comment