Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thriving Cyclamen

Just wanted to show you my vintage plant pot. Mum gave it to me last year. It was her mothers. I love it! I struggled to find somewhere to put it, but since we have moved it looks very much at home in this old house.
 I bought a lovely, bright pink cyclamen to put in it. I'm not very good at keeping cyclamen flowers alive, but the plant seems to be thriving in this filtered light position in the dining room. I have also learned that they don't like to be wet, so a light watering once a week seems to be doing the trick so far.
I think a home needs inside plants. It just adds that little something. I have another spot in the house that needs a pretty pot with a plant in it. I will have to keep my eye out on my treasure hunting trips for just such a pot.

3 comments:

by marie-nicole said...

What a cute pot. I love cyclamens.

We've been fortunate enough to have had success with ours, but we keep them in the enclosed verandah where it gets very cool over night and lovely and warm in the afternoon. I think they like that.

by marie-nicole said...

BTW. thanks for the distractions from my 'money day duties'... actually it does not take much to distract me from working on finances :-)

Sabbar said...

Oh I loovvvve that pot! so cute! Ok, gotta go, Eden wants a biccy

Related Posts with Thumbnails