Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Sunday, January 2, 2011

On The Last Day of 2010...

...we went to Southbank, Melbourne. Don't know why we ventured out of the air conditioning because it was a stinking, hot day! Probably the hottest day of 2010! It got to 41 C. That's just too hot. Way, way too hot! We didn't end up staying at Southbank for too long.
 We ended up playing ten pin bowling in the air con. Bliss!

My Cuz 'n' I. Just hangin' out together.


I don't actually know what these are, but they looked pretty cool hanging from the jetty.

Some chalk street art. I'm guessing this was drawn the day before because there wasn't anyone there to recieve donations at the time I took this photo.

I can't even begin to imagine to know what it is like to be this talented at drawing.

I really wish I could draw, but that gene totally skipped me.

There is all kinds of art throughout Melbourne. I love it! Art always pops up here when you least expect it.

The golden flys. Or are they wasps?

This is the Eureka building. Supposedly the tallest building in Australia.

Did you have a great New Years? I did. It was very quiet as per usual, but we've had a special guest staying for a few days and it was great to have him here with us for the new year. I'm thinking of keeping him permenantly as he is just the best toy my kids could ever have. He just plays and plays and plays with them. He has almost as much energy as they do. I'm going to miss him when he leaves tomorrow.
Love you big time Cuz!

A happy and prosperous 2011 to all my blog friends!

~ Ky x

5 comments:

petals and vintage said...

Fabulous photos as usual! Love to know what those hanging things are.

Haven't been to Melbourne for a very long time - it looks intriguing with all that amazing art around.
Pam x

Farmgirl Paints said...

I have a feeling I would love that city. So full of interesting things. Can't believe it's that hot. It was a 10 below wind chill here yesterday. Makes me want to move really bad!!!

Unknown said...

I love these pictures so much. Wow. Wow. WOW! I love the detail in that drawing. So pretty. Glad you had a fun last day of 2010.

Donna said...

WOW!!!! Ky!! I don't know..is it the photos or the place? I think it is mostly your pictures are just incredible!! But I do know my hubby brought back the most stunning photos of Australia and New Zealand when he went a couple of years back. However do you get such a clear blue sky and clean cities?!

I'm Soooo jealous!!

:o)
Donna

Donna said...

Ky, I really would love for all of my readers to see your super wonderful photos. You just aren't an ordinary photographer at all. And the places you share and your photos of the kids..are just so entrancing.

Would you mind if I showed some of my favorite photos this weekend as a 'trip to the beach', just to let people know you are here? It would be so fun if more people knew about your photos and though I'm not a 'huge' blog or anything, I do get a lot of readers from Maria's blog, Color Me Happy. (She IS huge!)

BTW, you really should start reading her blog and visiting. You so obviously have a great eye for color and I think would enjoy the conversations. Any of her readers would like your photos..and Maria would LOVE them. She's always taking photos of unusual color on her outings to demonstrate principles of shades of color. It would be a friendship worth cultivating.

Just a thought. :o) I'm your FAN!!

xo
Donna

Related Posts with Thumbnails