Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Sunday, January 30, 2011

Photo Fun

I was just looking through some of my photos and came across this one that I took in the Degraves laneway in Melbourne a few days before christmas.
I really like it and thought I'd share it.


Workers and shoppers pass in a hurry, seeking out somewhere to throw down some food in the restricted time they have, while a lone cellist plays the most beautiful music in not so beautiful surroundings.
Such a contrast in art forms.

I'm linking this to Becky at Farmgirl Paints who is doing a photography course at the moment and each Tuesday tells us about a new thing she has learned then asks us to link up a photo for her photo comp.
This week it's about thirds.

Catchya soon!

~ Ky x

14 comments:

petals and vintage said...

Wow!

by marie-nicole said...

Fantastic shot Ky... Love it!!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Wow that certainly is one brilliant shot.....I would be so proud of myself if I'd captured that. It really is amazing what we can do with photography xo

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Ky this is such a cool picture! Perfect example of rule of thirds and SHUTTER SPEED. Thanks for linking up girlie.

Taryn said...

love it!

Donna said...

Ky, This is so interesting. I love when musicians play on the street. I always find it a great contrast to ordinary life. Did I tell you that I gave hubby a cello for his Christmas gift last year? And I paid for five months of lessons by sewing and earning money. Now, we just pay the monthly fee. He plays so beautifully now. :o) He's not ready for a street performance though.
xo
Donna

Cornflakes and Honey said...

I'm so impressed Ky. I love the contrast too. Great pic! xx

Photography said...

I love it!!! So much in it. Ps You can start a 365 anytime :-)

Tammy said...

Is that Pastor Des Potts? Great photo by the way...

Tammy

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous photograph. I love it!

The Clark Clan said...

This is a fantastice shot! Great job! :]

Unknown said...

This is really out of this world fantastic. I LOVE the image. So beautiful! It is riveting.

hilary said...

I loved your picture! I found myself really just staring at it and thinking about the story it told. You have such an eye. I can't wait to see your other photos.

Shannan Martin said...

Oh, you ROCKED this one, Girlio!! Nicely done.

Related Posts with Thumbnails