Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Been Moving

'Allo Ladies and Gents.
Thought I'd pop into blogland briefly to let you know that we have spent the last week packing, moving house and cleaning. Phwoar! What a job that is when you're on a teeny tiny time limit.

Totally random photo taken in a Melbourne alley cos I don't like posting without photos.

There's a little bit of a story here so if you bear with me I'll tell you in as few words as possible.

Last Monday I answered a knock at the door. It was the postie with registered mail that I had to sign for. In that registered envelope was a Notice to Vacate from the real estate, even though we were about to sign the lease for another 12 months. It turns out our landlord needed his house back asap. So, we had a look on the internet that afternoon, found a house we liked in the same suburb and it just so happened that there was an open inspection at that property at 5 o'clock that afternoon. We went, along with roughly 25 other people. The next morning we put our application for tenancy into the real estate along with 6 other people and that afternoon we recieved a call from the property manager telling us the house was ours.

Now, you can't tell me that wasn't an answer to prayer. The whole process was so quick and flowed so smoothly. It was like this new house was just waiting for us to come along. Also, it's for the same rent as the old place AND it's heaps bigger with a huge inground spa out the back and lots of garden around the fence line.

Are we happy campers? I think so!!!

Our internet was connected just this morning, so I am back on line...yay! I can now see what you've all been up to in the past week. In between bouts of cleaning this place and unpacking of course.

Be good!

~ Ky x


9 comments:

Felicity said...

Wow Ky, that IS synchronicity.
I'm so impressed that you can pack up and move so smoothly - I shudder to think what the same process would be like in my household!

x Felicity

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Oh wow that is a good news story even if it was a little stressful the day you found out! I would have thought you legally should have received far more notice than that but your new place sounds fantastic.

Look forward to photos and in the meantime good luck with the move!! xx

Thrifted Treasure said...

Wow! I'm pretty sure legally your landlord should have given you a LOT of notice but so glad it worked out for the better :-)

Ky said...

Oops, maybe I should have mentioned that we were given 60 days to vacate. It just happened that we found a place immediately. We actually rushed ourselves to move out and have the keys handed in by today so that we could get a good chunk of our months rent back.

rockmelon said...

so great for you, room for the chickens too? You should be glad you are not trying to get a rental along with everyone else in Brisbane right now: nightmare hope it ends soon, rent is extravagant here.

georgina said...

hey Ky
am i the only one who loved that bike?? it is a GREAT random photo and I think pairs nicely with your news. so glad to chat the other day and catch up on your comings and goings... and extra glad you are now happy in your home. sorry i can't be there to help you unpack.
love g

Donna said...

Wow Ky! That is what I call a fast answer to prayer! I'm so glad for you and BTW I LOVE that photo of the bike. You are just amazing. :o)

xo
Donna

Photography said...

Sounds similar to when we moved here. Put the ap in and found out that afternoon such a relief!! So thankful :-)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. That did just work out perfectly. I love it. I am excited for you. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails