This is what happens when you give a 3 and 5 year old complete control over decorating the christmas tree.
I left the room while they went to work.
Yes, I know, it's such a HUGE tree...not. I'm actually not a fan of fake christmas trees. Mum and Dad NEVER had one. We had a real tree every year. I miss that. I think that I will buy a real tree next year. Maybe a potted one so it can slowly grow over the years like the kids. Anyway, back to the decorating...
I was going to redo it after they went to bed, but I kinda like it all messy and lopsided, so I'm going to leave it.
Normally it would have the tinsel evenly wound around the tree with all the baubles hanging in evenly spaced distances. When I decorate the tree, I'm very particular about how everything is arranged.
Having children is teaching me to let go and just let it be.
After all, it really doesn't matter and they have done something special for the christmas season and have been creative in the process.
~ Ky x

7 comments:
It's very sweet Ky.
We actually went our annual mission to find 'the' tree in the state forest yesterday [shh].
The tradition is that the children take it in turns to choose the tree and this year it was the middle child's choice.
It's huge [over 3 metres] and I dragged it up the stairs this morning to put it into it's 'spot' ready for the decorations to go on this afternoon.
But of course our ceilings aren't quite high enough to accommodate it and Cpt. V has the saw so....
Anyhoo, it will be fun to see what damage they can do to it, I think a bottle of wine may need to be opened to dull my aesthetic cringing.
Ah Christmas!
Felicity x
YevvaseesuchaChristmastree? It's byerdiful. Honest! The kids' done good.
XX
LOVE IT!!
Hello Ky....!
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by to help us celebrate our 100th posts....I'm CHUFFED to find another Melbourne blogger I can share my Treasure Hunting adventures with.... :o) !!
Your kids are ADORABLE....I could just squeeze your little boys cheeks....hahahahaha....He looks very mischievous there holding his egg....
The pics of your redback however, gave me the heebie geebies....I come across these buggers all the time in the Hard Rubbish....There AWFUL to be sure....GREAT close up by the way....!!
Well Lovey I must away....Your entries are in the tub & I'm sending you GOOD LUCK vibes....!
Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)
Bless, it looks lovely Ky. I know what you mean, I'm the same as I have this 'eye' about how things should look, lol! Finding real trees in Oz is hard isn't it? I haven't seen many around since I moved over here. xx
i think you eloquently expressed the true essence of christmas on your post, its celebrating together and you did that so beautifully and graciously with your kids!
Ky, you are right that the tree is perfect..in that your kids did it. I know just how you feel though. My teenage boys did the tree for me as a surprise while I was gone for the day. It wasn't messy..in fact it was just the opposite--perfectly straight co-centric lines on the garland. All the lights were on the surface of the tree including the wires. And they skipped the back altogether (the part that shows out of the front window.
All of this passed through my mind..but did NOT come out of my mouth. I'm getting good after 20 years of children assisting me with this task.
Good for you for letting them help. It's such a precious time!
xo
Donna @ Comin' Home
Post a Comment