Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fractals



How so totally cool are fractals? I love them. I think they are amazing. I enjoy looking at them so much that I have ifractals as the theme on my igoogle home page. It's different every time I log onto Google.


Wikipedia describes fractals this way - fractal is "a rough or fragmented geometric shape that can be split into parts, each of which is (at least approximately) a reduced-size copy of the whole,"[1] a property called self-similarity


Fractals occur in nature...lots of nature. Leaves, vegetables, snowflakes, biology, all kinds of different things.



Artists use fractals as their muse. If I was an artist I know
I would. The possibilities are endless.


It's even a cool word. Go on, say it out loud. Fractal. Fractal. Fractal.









2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love fractals too. I love to roll the word around my mouth. I watched a fascinating doco on fractals, they weren't actually proven/accepted until sometime in the 1970's, mathematically speaking.

I must put fractals on my computer too. Thanks for the idea...xx

Ky said...

Whoa! A comment from someone I don't know. Cool! And you're welcome for the idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails