Note the raindrop smudge towards the top of the church.
I had a little time out by myself today.
It doesn't happen often enough, but what can one do when hubby works a lot and there's no family near by to help with the kids?
On my way to my favourite markets, I stopped at this church on Riversdale Rd and took some photos. I've been wanting to do this for so long now, but I've always got someone else with me.
I braved the icy, cold wind and wandered around the church, taking photos and trying to ignore the discomfort that the cold was causing to my ungloved hands.
It's such a beautiful church with it's large bluestone bricks and gothic style arches and steeple.
I would have loved to go inside, but the divine service was already in progress and I was on a mission to check out the goods at the markets.
Maybe next time.
~ Ky x







8 comments:
Such a gorgeous church and stunning photos Ky. Thanks for sharing.
Pam x
well I'm happy you snapped what you did. I love the first one most of all - the bare tree. I sit here in 93 degrees with a 68 dewpoint - that's tropical. summer is simply insufferable, and I can't wait for fall and winter!!! you've given me a refresher here, so thanks for that Ky! each photo is splendid. have a great week.
Beautiful photos Ky. I love this kind of architecture - there's something enduring about it with fullness of character and beautiful workmanship.XX
fantastic Ky.
Love the erie feeling of the first pic with the bare tree in the foreground and the perspective of the third on, it really gives the feeling of it's grand statue.
Having your hands exposed here at the moment is also a grit and bare it experience :-)
Keep up the great work!
xx
a very grand old lady indeed. nice pics.
..i wonder which markets you were keen to get to? i bet i know! G x
what a beautifully, grand, old church Ky. I love it! I too love old, regal and beautiful churches.
time to self is so precious, wonderful pics full of feeling!
I'll tell you Ky, your photos look like something from a magazine! Just amazing! I love beautiful old churches too. I have some photos of the missions in San Antonio. Not as good as yours...but still..they are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing these!
Post a Comment