Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. - anonymous






Monday, April 18, 2011

A Very Jeannie Birthday

I went to a 40th over the weekend, dressed as my version of a genie or Jeannie. That's what that pile of clothes photo was of on my last post. I changed my mind in the last 30 mins of getting ready and didn't wear the green. It just look SO bad.

I don't rock a body like the original Jeannie, hence the head shots only. Lol!
AND I didn't think to have a full top to toe photo taken. I was wearing harem pants. Honest! And killer heels. Honest!
I did swap the killer heels for my sheepskin slippers halfway through. They were SOOO much more comfortable.
Who invented high heels anyway???

The lovely Ms N. She may well kill me if she knows I've put her face on the world wide web.
Let's keep that secret between you and me, shall we?

Yes M & D, I know the top is a little low, but that's cos I'm a genie. It's all about being in character. Of course, blinking like Jeannie did nothing at all when I was dressed up. Angel was hoping I could do magic, but sadly, playing dress ups does not give you super powers.

The birthday cake. I didn't have any cos did you know that if you eat TWO pieces of rocky road, you feel too sick to eat chocolate cake?

Instead of a stripper, we had a belly dancer. She was fun, and kept her clothes on. Belly dancing looks great, but I'm sure it's quite difficult to make it look so easy. She obviously had been doing it for a long time cos she rocked the dance!
The music's pretty cool too.

The birthday girl. She's only pretending to blow out the sparkler.
Ya can't blow out a sparkler. Everyone knows that!

Btw, that rocky road was made by her and it ROCKED!

It was a fun night!
Happy 40th Ms K!!!

~ Ky x


9 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

How fun is that??? Wow. I really love it!

Unknown said...

How much fun is this? I absolutely love it! You have the most fun friends! 2 thumbs up Ky!

Keetha Broyles said...

I knew a lady once - - - she was my age - - - too old for the nonsense I'm about the describe - - - she was a belly dancer.

I tried real hard to NOT picture it when she talked about it.

But you my dear young friend, you make a beautiful genie, and I hope your mama understands about the cleavage business.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, and I forgot - - - that birthday cake! Wow! I just want ONE of those chocolate curls, please.

Jennifer Bowen said...

The birthday cake is to die for! Chocolate heaven! Genie was definitely good with the wishes from the looks of it. Such a fun celebration!

Bebie said...

haha re the top, daughter.

Looks like a fun night alright and what a wicked looking cake ... lol XX

Susan said...

That birthday cake looks AMAZING! Love the themed night, and all of the colorful genies! What fun!!!

Tamar SB said...

What a fun party! And that cake looks amazing, wow!

Tamar - linking up w/ community global

Photography said...

It looks fun and you know I think you looked great! BUT a full body shot would be good :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails