This week I was fortunate enough to be able to have a day out with a wonderful friend of mine. Without the children, I might add. It was so very therapeutic to be able to hang out together without constantly disciplining, giving commands, refereeing or apologising to strangers.
We met up at Buderim. I love Buderim. Gorgeous boutiques(I bought a new sun hat in one), cafes, book stores and the views are fantastic. It would be so very nice to live up there. We browsed through some op shops and antique stores while up there.


We then decided to go down to Cotton Tree for more browsing and to find somewhere to have lunch. We ended up at a great little cafe called Sister Organic Cafe. The food was just divine! I ate everything on my plate. It thrills me to find a cafe or restaurant that serves really good vegetarian food. There are alot of cafe's out there that have no idea how to make vegetarian food taste great. I am disappointed all too often, but not this time!
After lunch we continued on with our browsing. We visited a few op shops in the area. Op shopping is alot of fun if you like to score a bargain. You never know what treasure you are going to find. I bought quite a few books for the kids and my greatest score of the day were some perfectly good, 100% wool blankets for $4.50 each. I still can't believe I got them so cheap and in such great condition! George thought it was very amusing that I was buying wool blankets on such a very hot day.
It was a truly special ladies day out and I can't wait until we can do it again.
A special thank you to my Mum for looking after Monkey and Angel so that I could have some time out.


1 comment:
Good times! And I loved your bit about 'apologising to strangers'... so true!
G x
Post a Comment